Instinet's Proven Block Focused Liquidity Pool Specifically Tailored to the Australian Marketplace
BLX Australia is a block-focused liquidity pool designed to provide price improvement through its mid-point pricing model. Its integration with Newport allows users to selectively expose orders on their blotter and interact with an array of trading participants, including both passive block traders and those using algorithmic trading strategies.
- Trading Hours:
- 10:00 am-4:00 pm ET
- Available Securities:
- Any ASX-listed security
- Order Types:
- Limit or Market
- Tick Size:
- Same as ASX
- Execution Price:
- Midpoint of ASX BBO
- Newport 3 Blotter Interaction
- Leverage BLX to interact with order flow on other users' blotters or passive liquidity in the pool.
- Mid-Point Pricing
- BLX trades are priced at the mid-point of the market's best bid or offer (BBO).
- Diverse Liquidity
- A large institutional user base and broad liquidity sourcing provide style diversity and reduce information content.
- Unique Model
- BLX increases trade size by appealing to an array of trading participants, including both passive block traders and those using algorithmic trading strategies.
- BLX matches cannot be pinged to expose interest, making them unattractive to information traders.